My Guide Website?
Toruń: Full-Day Tour of the City of Copernicus
Discover the Gothic architecture of Toruń on Poland’s Vistula River on a 9-hour sightseeing tour of the birthplace of Nicolaus Copernicus. Wander the streets of the Old Town, see the ruins of a Teutonic castle, taste Polish gingerbread, and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sopot:If youʻre booking your trip to Sopot last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Malbork Castle: Private Tour from Gdansk, Sopot or Gdynia
- Gdansk, Gdynia, and Sopot: 8-Hour Private Sightseeing Tour
- Gdansk: Stutthof Concentration Camp Regular Tour
- Explore the famous Gothic architecture of Toruń
- Wander down intact medieval streets
- Taste gingerbread baked to a 16th-century recipe
- Visit the home where astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus was born
DescriptionTravel back in time and explore the charming old city of Toruń on the banks of the River Vistula. With easy pick-ups from the Tri-City towns of Gdańsk, Sopot, and Gdynia, you will drive south to see all the most significant monuments of the UNESCO World Heritage Site. Upon arrival, a guide will meet you to lead you through the Old Town, starting with the Leaning Tower, part of the city’s medieval walls. Left undamaged by World War II, the Old Town of Toruń was inscribed by UNESCO in 1997 for its largely intact medieval street plan and outstanding buildings. You will also explore the adjacent New Town, founded in 1264 and amalgamated into the Hanseatic League 12 years later. Admire the red-brick merchant houses and Gothic spires of churches, such as the late Gothic Church of St. James. Go to the ruins of the Castle of the Teutonic Order, destroyed by the town’s residents in 1454. Step into the house where Nicolaus Copernicus was born, and learn about his life and work in astronomy, continued at the Planetarium. Finally, sample some of Toruń’s famous gingerbread, baked according to a 16th-century recipe.
IncludesGuide in Toruń Private transport Entrance tickets to St John Cathedral
- Tour can include visits to Copernicus House, the Cathedral, Bell Tower, Planetarium and Orbitarium
- Pick-up is available from hotels in Gdansk, Sopot, and Gdynia