My Guide Website?
Sopot: Self-guided Walk through Artists, Cultural & Spa Town
Explore the charming artists' and spa town of Sopot on the Bay of Gdansk. Discover the bathing beach, bars and amber, the longest pier in Europe and learn about the town's eventful history.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Sopot:If youʻre booking your trip to Sopot last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- A varied tour with interesting stories awaits you
- Explore Sopot in an interactive way
- Solve entertaining tasks and riddles while strolling through the streets
- Read interesting facts about the history and culture of Sopot
- Follow the tour at your own pace and take time to explore at each stop
DescriptionExplore the charming artists' and spa town of Sopot on the Bay of Gdansk with your smartphone. The tour starts near the main railway station in Sopot. First you will visit St. George's Church, which was consecrated in 1901 and houses a very special 'treasure': a relief of Our Lady of Czestochowa, which travelled the seas and oceans of the world for 33 years. Continue to the pedestrian zone, where you will meet Wojtek the Bear, who played a remarkable role in the Second World War. Then you'll discover the Crooked House, an architectural highlight of Sopot. On your way through the town, you will learn a lot about the turbulent history of the town and its eventful German/Polish past. You'll find out who the bearded lady with the parasol was, pass by the SPATiF Club, a former meeting place of Sopot's Bohème, and learn about the history of the tightrope walker, a sculpture by the artist Jerzy Kędziora. The tour ends on the beach in front of the impressive Grand Hotel Sopot, where you can browse for jewellery, amber and children's toys at countless stalls or end the day in one of the bars in front of the hotel. At the tour stops, there are entertaining tasks to solve and fun questions to answer. Who knows, for example, why Sopot has a 'Berlin city coat of arms'? You will find out during the tour. The tour is a great way to get outside and discover new things with family, friends or on your own. It's like being shown Sopot by a good friend. Many anecdotes will enrich your walk through the city. You can start the tour at any time and as often as you like in the browser of a smartphone. On site or even from the comfort of your sofa. Enjoy your time in Sopot! *** Good to know *** You will receive the link to start the tour in an email directly after booking.
IncludesSelf-guided walking tour with your smartphone Map and tour access offline
- You will receive the link to start the tour on your smartphone in a separate email shortly after booking. An internet connection is required to start the tour. The tour is downloaded automatically and can then be used offline. During the tour you only need an internet connection if you want to use links to further information.